Blank Architects was established in Moscow in 2008. Our mission is to make responsible architecture by bringing our knowledge and innovation, exploring all paths to bring smart, unique, crisp and fresh design. Through the years, Blank Architects has gained a significant amount of experience and an excellent reputation as a market leading design specialist across all development sectors in Russia. We have successfully completed a wide portfolio of Projects that demonstrate our abilities. We have taken more than a fourth of our projects through from concept to construction completion and onward to the opening of the buildings.
At Blank Architects we pay particular attention to the needs of the individual, their attitude towards each commission and we work with the client’s team and the design team to develop the best architectural answer to given task. We explore each task in all aspects of: context, function, community, atmosphere, impact, economy, material and time. In this way we are able to tailor each job to meet the needs of the investor, the client, the constructed environment and deliver ahead of time design. Over the years in our development we have tried to keep our ear very much responsive to our clients needs and to the market’s demands. Our team is a community of Western and Russian Architects, educated worldwide. At Blank Architects we run education internal programs and focus of self-improvement and development.
Blank Architects is successfully acting as the General Designer for many of our clients’ projects. Undertaking such function we are in charge of full responsibility for the co-ordination and elaboration of the complete package of project documentation volumes.
Creating Responsible Architecture means:
We understand the site, location, context and talk with surrounding
We develop area and we bring social improvments
We prepare our design for ever changing world, our architecture will adapt to it
We respect the environment
It is safe to use our spaces
It is safe to build our spaces
We consider the climate conditions and think sustainably
We study the function and connect it wisely
We improve life quality • We think human scale
We propose quality you can afford
It is easy to maintain and manage our spaces
We see 6 dimentional
We are a team
We respect time
We respect everybodys opinion
We are at home at work
I think that we are actually very serious people. We take responsibility for the things we create. We are very serious about our approach and follow it on every point. I see us as being focused on education, personal development, and evolution.
Yes, we always investigate every location and context from Moscow to the vast expanse of Russia. In all of the competition work we’ve done for London, Berlin, Barcelona. Every part of the site and its heritage was walked through and every bit of history checked. Also, we take into account the people we are designing for, and who will use the space, and remain very humble in order to build for the user. Being conscious of all the aspects of a building’s life and making sure that the building’s functioning well is to me the key. Our competition team is strong; we are awaiting the final winning entry.
Yes every design is also a social improvement project. We design so many public spaces. The public and its comfort, community, and inner energy, is what I always carefully take into account in our interiors and landscapes. The branding ideas and explosions of creativity in our office are my favorites. When the ideas flow the office energy is unstoppable. I am very proud of our rebranding proposals, I think we have given those older buildings back to the people because they are so well connected to the needs of the local community. I love our international cooperation with Norwegian and Swedish designers. We are trying to bring a very new way of looking at brands into Moscow.
I like our open-minded approach to everybody in the process. We respect everyone’s opinion and think outside the box . Our goal is to see our design realized. That means we are often next to the client showing him the path the project should take. We are open for discussion. Our office has many meeting tables, everybody participates. In order to improve our organization skills I have enlisted myself into MBA studies.
To study the theme is the key for me. To question the obvious and bring about the best solution. Never stop investigating is my motto. Take the subject apart and put it back together in a better way. To see it all that it takes to build the building. My mind works in 6 dimensions. I already see the building process when I look at the first sketch. I also like simplicity, when it’s easy to maintain and manage our spaces. The most challenging ever for me was the Dynamo Stadium in Moscow. The Sports Architecture mixed with the historical heritage of the place and the mixed-use spaces surrounding it. I have put in two years to see this building through in every detail.
We are five very different partners. Then with us also have our Associate - Irina and the Main Architects - Vladimir, Elena, Andrey, Agata, Ola, and Maxim who have been on our team for many, many years. Together we are unique match of skill sets. The diversity of ways we see the same project is amazing. It is my goal – to let this diversity spread, to look for tools and knowledge to make good architecture anywhere anybody is in need of an architect.
- Top prize at the Moscow Architectural Council V Annual Award in the category “The Best building of the Year” - Mixed-use retail center in Otradnoye
- Shortlisted for the World Architecture Festival - Genova Embankment Revitalization Competition – Civic Architecture category
- Shortlisted for the World Architecture Festival - Rjevskaya Metro Station Competition Winner– Competitions category
- Shortlisted for the World Architecture Festival - Shermetevskaya Metro Station Competition – Infrastructure category
- Winners in the competition of New Stations Design for Moscow Metro - Rjevskaya station
- Shortlisted for the World Architecture Festival of ” Commercial Mixed-Use – Future Projects" - Mitino Shopping Mall
- Shortlisted for the World Architecture Festival of "House – Completed Buildings" - Field House
- CRE Awards - 5 Ozer
- Shortlisted for the World Architecture Festival - Borovskoe Highway Shopping Center
- Shortlisted for the World Architecture Festival in the category Competition Entries - Udarnik Center for Contemporary Arts
- 2nd place in the ‘Mitino Park Landscaping Competition’ in Moscow - The Culmination of Silence
- Top three shortlisted for the RIBA 'Missing Link Design Competition' Vauxhall, London, UK - Vauxhall
- Shortlisted for the World Architecture Festival in the nomination “Commercial buildings of mixed type" - Retail center - Butovo Mall
- First prize in Commercial Real Estate St.Petersburg & Federal Awards - Akadem Park
- Second prize in the International competition BARCELONA 2011 - Bohemian Hostel Tower
- Prize of The Royal Institute of British Architects competition RIBA - Office complex Fabrika Stanislavskogo
- Commercial Real Estate Awards Nomination the Best Architect - Gagarinsky Shopping Center
- The VIII edition of the Casalgrande Padana Grand Prix in the "Large Shopping Area and Management Centre" - Troyka Shopping Center